Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC)
The Principal of GNITS, DrK.Ramesh Reddy is the Chairperson and Dr. K.Rama Linga Reddy, Professor & HOD of the Department of Electronics & Telematics Engineering is the co-ordinator of the IQAC. The IQAC Committee includes all stakeholders of the Institute, i.e. students, alumni, all Department and Section Heads also including the Library, Sports, Students Hostel, Examination & Evaluation, co-curricular and extra-curricular activities, members of the Management and Administration, and members of local community and industry experts.
The broadly defined objectives of IQAC include (but are not limited to):
- To develop a system for conscious, consistent, and catalytic action to improve the academic and administrative performance of the institution.
- To create a good quality culture
- To channelize the efforts and measures of the institution towards academic excellence
- To become a potential vehicle for ushering in quality by working out intervention strategies to remove deficiencies and enhance quality.
In order to ensure quality sustenance and enhancement, IQAC shall evolve mechanisms and procedures for:
- Ensuring timely, efficient and progressive performance of academic, administrative and financial tasks.
- The relevance and quality of academic and research programs.
- Equitable access to and affordability of academic programs to suit to various sections of the society.
- Optimization and integration of modern methods of teaching and learning.
- The credibility of evaluation procedures.
- Ensuring the adequacy and functioning of the support structure and services.
- Research sharing and networking with other institutions in India and abroad.
The primary functions of the IQAC include (but are not limited to):
- Development and application of quality benchmarks/parameters for the various academic and administrative activities of the institution.
- Dissemination of information on the various quality parameters of higher education.
- Organization of workshops, seminars on quality-related themes and promotion of quality circles.
- Documentation of the various programs/activities leading to quality improvement.
- Acting as a nodal agency of the institution for quality-related activities.
- Preparation of the Annual Quality Assurance Report (AQAR) to be submitted to NAAC based on the
IQAC will facilitate/contribute:
- To a heightened level of clarity and focus in institutional functioning towards quality enhancement and facilitate internalization of the quality culture.
- To the enhancement and integration among the various activities of the institution and institutionalize many good practices.
- To provide a sound basis for decision making to improve institutional functioning.
- To act as an improvement agent in the institution.
- To improve internal communication.
1. Chairman of IQAC – Dr.K.Ramesh Reddy, Principal, GNITS
2. Coordinator of IQAC –Dr.K.Rama Linga Reddy, HOD,ETM
1. Sri.P.Subba Reddy, Chairman & Secretary GNITS
2. Mrs.G.Sri Vidya, Joint Secretary, GNITS
Other Members :
- Mr.R.Nageswara Rao – Associate Professor , EEE Dept.,
- Mrs.R.Pallavi Reddy – Assistant Professor, CSE Dept.,
- Mr.B.Sreekanth Reddy -Assistant Professor, ECE Dept.,
- Dr. Ch.Anitha – Associate Professor , IT Dept.,
- Mr.G.Krishna Reddy – Associate Professor , ETM Dept.,
- Dr M.Aparna – Assistant Professor, H&M Dept.,
- Mr.Ch.Mohana Rao – Assistant Professor, Mech Dept.,
- Mr.B.Rakesh Goud – Assistant Professor, B&S Dept.,
- Mr. G.V.Subramanyam – Administrative Officier
- Ms N.Satya – Student 4th CSE
- Ms G.Sirisha -Student 4th ETM
- Mrs. A.Naveena – Alumane (1999 – 2003 Batch)
- Mrs. P.Madhuri – Alumane (2005 -2009 Batch)
- Mrs Kalyani – Stake holder
- Mr.C.Chandra Sekhar Reddy – Industrialist
- Prof.A.V.N.Rao – External Expert