The Department of Electrical & Electronics Engineering was established and moulded in 1997 keeping in view, the broad objectives of Technical education in general and specific needs of Power Engineers in particular. The Department has been accredited by Institution of Engineers in 2005. The Department has qualified & experienced faculty and adequate & well furnished laboratories to cater to the needs of the students as per the university norms & curriculum. A centre called ‘RENEWABLE ENERGY CLUB’ under the aegis of Ministry of Renewable Energy Sources was started in Aug. 2006. The Department is responsible for Electrical maintenance of the entire Institution & also for the manning & operation of 200KVA Diesel Power House.
The first PG course of the Institution in “Power Electronics & Electric Drives” was started by the Department in July 2004. A full fledged laboratory, “Power Electronics & Electric Drives Lab” with internet facility has been established at a cost of Rs. 08 Lakhs. About 75% of the first batch students have already obtained their degree and are well settled.
To impart quality education in Electrical and Electronics Engineering for women empowerment
The vision can be accomplished by
1. Imparting fundamental knowledge in Electrical and Electronics Engineering through well-qualified faculty
2. Providing exposure to current technologies
3. Providing hands-on experience to meet the expectations of the industry
4. Facilitating individual and team activities to enhance personality and soft skills
Program Educational Objectives (PEOs)
1. Excel in chosen career
2. Work effectively as an individual and a team member
3. Contribute to the community/society development through acquired knowledge and skills
4. Continuous upgradation of knowledge and skills