Co-ordinator : Dr. N. Moorthy Muthukrishnan, Professor, ETM Dept
An Entrepreneurship Development Cell (EDC) has been functioning in GNITS in association with JNTU, Hyderabad for the past 8 years. The cell conducts workshops/panel discussions inviting entrepreneurs from various fields to encourage and nurture entrepreneurship among women. A technology incubation centre has been set up to provide infrastructure and support for budding entrepreneurs. Currently two companies have been started by the alumnae of GNITS, functioning from the GNITS-Technology Incubation Center.
- To act as an institutional mechanism for providing various services including information to budding student entrepreneurs
- To create Entrepreneurial culture in the Parent Institution and other institutions in the region and to promote the objectives of NSTEDB, including programmes related to women and weaker sections of the society
- To foster better linkages between the Parent Institution, Industries and R&D institutions in the region and other related organizations engaged in promoting Small & Medium Enterprises (SMEs) including NGOs and other Voluntary Organizations
- To catalyze and promote Development of S&T based Enterprises and promote employment opportunities
- To respond effectively to the emerging challenges and opportunities both at national and international level relating to SMEs and Micro Enterprises
Functions of EDC
- To organize Entrepreneurship Awareness Camps, Entrepreneurship Development Programmes and Faculty Development Programmes in the region for the benefit of S&T persons.
- To develop and introduce curriculum on Entrepreneurship Development at various levels including degree/diploma courses of the parent institution and other institutes in the region
- To conduct research work and survey for identifying entrepreneurial opportunities (particularly in S&T areas and Service sector).
- To guide and assist prospective entrepreneurs on various aspects such as preparing project reports, obtaining project approvals, loans and facilities from agencies of support systems and information on various technologies
- To organize guest lectures, TV & Radio talks, Seminars, etc. for promotion and growth of S& T based entrepreneurship
- To arrange visits to industries for prospective entrepreneurs
- To extend necessary guidance and escort services to the trainees in obtaining approval and execution of their projects
- To act as a Regional Information Centre on business opportunities, processes, technologies, market, etc. by creating and maintaining relevant databases.
- To provide testing, calibration, quality assurance, design, tool room, pilot plant and other facilities for Entrepreneurs besides expertise in Intellectual Property rights, Patents search, etc
- To render advice to sick enterprises and assist the entrepreneurs in rehabilitating them
- To conduct skill development training programmes leading to self/wage employment